- Just wanted to say we thought Nostos was a lovely house. Eleni was waiting for us when we arrived. After showing us round she brought us a couple of beers so we could relax after our journey. She also left us some of her own olive oil. The next morning she brought cake and biscuits. What a welcome! This continued all week with figs, cheese pies and she paid for our drinks one evening when we were in the same taverna. Other nice touches were having an outside towel for when we had used the very useful outside shower, a tablecloth on the outside table, a lantern outside with a citronella candle, a jar of dried herbs in the kitchen, fresh flowers in the house... we loved it!
- We really enjoyed again our second week in the south of the island and the Nostos villas are perfect. Excellent location, lovely beaches in walking distance and delightful gardens to just sit and relax. We think the South compliments the North so well- a slower pace and utterly stunning views all around. Plenty of good tavernas too! Eleni's hospitality is genuinely welcoming and caring.
- This was our first visit to Frangokastello for 10 years. Nothing seems to have changed very much. What a delight Nostos Villas are. We stayed at Zerifos which must be the smartest and well fitted out villa we have stayed in. There was everything you could possibly need. The gardens are a delight and to sit on the terrace in the evening with a glass of wine with the perfume of teh jasmine was quite exquisite. Wonderful to have two terraces and two balconies for alternative sitting areas. Eleni made us very welcome and ensured we had everything we needed without being intrusive. The location is good. Excellent tavernas, mini markets and beaches, all within easy walking distance. What more could one want? We look forward to an early return.
- Eleni could not have been more welcoming or hospitable
Nostos Villas are a group of four individual houses located in a lovely lush garden area, within a short stroll of Frangokastello beach on the South Coast of Crete. Beautifully decorated in traditional Cretan style and impeccably looked after by the lovely owner Eleni, who is on site and speaks good English. Each house has its own parking and private entrance with a lovely terrace with plenty of space to eat alfresco and views of the well tended garden area which includes hibiscus, roses and jasmine.
Inside, each house is individually styled and furnished; the ground floor is light and airy, and traditional style with kitchen, living area separated by a Cretan Arch with comfortable seating, dining table and chairs.
The bathroom (with 1/2 bath and shower) is also on the ground floor and there is a twin bedroom.
A wooden staircase leads up to the mezzanine double bedroom, and from here doors lead out onto the fabulous roof terrace, which has fabulous views of both the White mountain and the Libyan sea and from some houses views towards Frangokestello Castle.
Nostos villas are not only an ideal location for a relaxing beach holiday but are also ideal as touring base for exploring the South Coast further and great for walkers too who prefer to explore the dramatic local scenery on foot, such as the Kalikratis gorge which begins nearby.
Frangokastello will appeal to the more independent traveller as well as to beach lovers.
- Air conditioning
- Satellite TV
- Walking distance to the beach (5-10mins) with choice of beach tavernas
- Local car, scooter and mountain bike hire
- WiFi available
Tavernas and shops 5 mins walk. Hora Sfakion, 20 mins Plakias Bay and the start of the Imbros Gorge within a 40 min drive. Chania airport 1.30 hrs Heraklion 2hrs.
Frangokastello lies on the Southwest coast of Crete, nestling between the mountains and sea and takes its name from the imposing 14th century Venetian castle, which stands looking out across the Libyan sea. This relaxing seaside village is lined with a few tavernas, with views towards the sea.
The beach is one of the best in Crete and is made up of a lovely stretch of fine sand, making Fangokestello a perfect base for a relaxing beach holiday, the clear water is excellent for snorkeling Also great as a twin centre holiday with one of our properties in the North of the island.
Above: Taverna Ostria at Komitades a 10 mins drive from Frangokastello.
EOT MHTE 10.42K.12.3K.02788.00.00