2. Changes by you – If you change your booking after the confirmation invoice has been issued (eg name/date change) this must be received in writing & we will charge you £40 per alteration (or £80 within 4 weeks of departure) plus any charges made by the Company’s Suppliers (e.g the cost of a new airline ticket if amendment/cancellation fees apply). If your changes are not possible or there is a change of date then the original booking will have to be cancelled & the cancellation charges in paragraph 4 applied. ** Please note on some airlines, date changes are not permitted and your flight will have to be cancelled at 100% cancellation charges. Name change charges are subject to your airline’s terms and conditions and you will be advised of the amount at the time your booking is amended.**
3. Material Alteration – In the unlikely event of Pure Crete having to make a material alteration to your holiday, you will be advised of the change as soon as is reasonably possible. The company reserves the right in any circumstances to alter or cancel a flight. A material alteration is considered to be a change in airport, resort area, change of flight times by more than 12 hours. Should a material alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will have the choice of (a) Accepting the alternative arrangements (b) Choosing another available holiday from our programme or (c) Cancelling with a full refund. Should you accept any of these alternatives, no other claims for compensation or expenses will be considered unless we notify you of material alterations /cancellations within 8 weeks of departure. In this case, we will pay compensation of £10 per person. No compensation or claims will be considered in the event of alteration / cancellation due to force majeure events. (see condition 9).
4. Cancellation – In the event of a cancellation Pure Crete must be notified in writing and the following cancellation charges will apply from the time your written instructions are received by us:
Cancellation notification of the holiday must be given immediately when the circumstances giving rise to the claim occur – failure to do so may prejudice your entitlement to claim through your insurance.
More than 84 days before departure Loss of deposit
70-83 days before departure 40% of total cost
56-69 days before departure 50% of total cost
35-55 days before departure 70% of total cost
Less than 34 days before departure 100% of total cost
**Depending on your airline 100% of flight cost may be applicable (in line with their terms and conditions) in addition to the above.**
5. Late Arrivals – Flight timings will be confirmed on flight tickets. Pure Crete cannot accept responsibility for clients missing aircraft or ferries due to late arrival of connecting aircraft or late check-in at airport or port. Clients should check in no later than 3 hours before departure for both flights.
6. Prices – Prices are based upon known fuel costs, exchange rates and taxes. Surcharges may become applicable due to currency fluctuations, general increase in aviation fuel costs, government levies & taxes, security charges and insurance costs. Any such surcharges may be passed on directly to our clients without profit to Pure Crete.
7. Accommodation – Description and Use – Pure Crete makes every effort to ensure that descriptions of accommodation and amenities are accurate but it shall not be liable in the event that any aspect of the holiday fails for reasons outside Pure Crete’s control. The accommodation is only for the use of the passengers shown on the booking form. Sub-letting, assignment, or sharing is prohibited. Clients are responsible for leaving their accommodation in same condition as at the start of their holiday. Any breakages should be reported to our representative and paid for. The client is liable for charges incurred from damage or abuse of property overseas.
8. Liability – Pure Crete shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with a holiday caused by any matter outside the reasonable control of Pure Crete. This includes, but is not limited to, Acts of God, civil disturbance, strikes or industrial action, acts of government, failure of public supplies (e.g. water or electricity), failure of local transport to convey clients to their departure/destination airports, failure of mechanical equipment e.g. air conditioning and boilers. However Pure Crete will make all reasonable efforts to remedy such equipment failures. The conditions imposed by all carriers shall be deemed to be accepted by the client and are available on request. Contracts for excursions purchased locally in resort are between the consumer and the excursion provider, the tour operator acts as the agent and will not be liable for the excursion.
9. Complaints – In the unlikely event of a complaint please notify us in writing no later than 28 days after the completion of your holiday. No complaints will be considered after this time. "If you have a dispute with your tour operator which you are unable to resolve, you may call upon the low-cost AITO Independent Dispute Settlement Service (details on request). Claims which exceed £2,500 per person or £10,000 per booking form or claims which apply principally or exclusively in respect of (or as a consequence of) illness or physical injury are not admissible for settlement under the service." In addition, Pure Crete must be notified of any complaints whilst you are in Greece so that we can assist in resolving any issues whilst in resort.
10. Consumer Protection, ATOL & TOPP – The air holidays and flights in this brochure are ATOL Protected, since we hold an Air Travel Organiser's Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 2757. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk. Non air holidays: Customers’ prepayments are protected by a TOPP policy. Worldwide customers’ prepayments for non-flight inclusive packages/ will be reimbursed, subject to the terms and conditions of the TOPP policy. In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 01702 811397. A copy of the policy is available on request from your travel organiser. This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (T&G), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. T&G and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849).
11. Pure Crete & the environment – Pure Crete is a member of Green Globe an organisation set up to promote environmentally sustainable tourism within the travel industry. Pure Crete restores Cretan houses, financed a loggerhead turtle hatchery, supported the protection of the Cretan bearded vulture, installs solar energy has facilitated carbon offset and supports local animal welfare.
12. AITO – Pure Crete is a member of AITO, The Association of Independent Tour Operators. AITO was established in 1976 to promote the wide range of holidays available from the best of Britain’s specialist companies. Well-established and fully bonded, AITO companies offer particular types of holidays, geographical areas and special interests worldwide. The common aim of AITO members is to provide an attractive alternative to mass-market holidays, combining high standards backed up with a more knowledgeable, personal and caring service.
13. Passports, Visa & Health – Documentation and medical/travel insurance is your responsibility. For UK passport information visit www.gov.uk or phone 0300 222 0000. If you do not hold a British Passport you may need to contact the Greek embassy (020 7229 3850) to check whether a visa is necessary.
14. Pure Crete – Pure Crete was founded in 1989. Company number 03741135. VAT number GB 574 3887 93. Registered office:- Bolney Place, Cowfold Road, Bolney, Haywards Heath RH17 5QT . Your contract is with Pure Crete Ltd. All post and enquiries should be sent to our business address: Bolney Place, Cowfold Road, Bolney, West Sussex RH17 5QT. Tel: 01444 880404 This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions. This contract is subject to English Law.