Both the UK and European law states that packaged holidays are to be protected. By booking with Pure Crete, you can rest assured that your holiday is protected with us from the moment of booking, whether you book a package (ATOL) or just accommodation only (TOPP).
How ATOL Protection Has Helped Those Affected by Thomas Cook
In recent news, when holiday company Thomas Cook went into compulsory liquidation, we saw plenty of holidaymakers stranded abroad and thousands back home losing out on pre-paid holidays. For those holidaymakers with ATOL protection, their holidays will have been covered. For those without ATOL protection, they will have to rely on their credit card companies (assuming they paid with credit) or take the money out of their travel insurance – but not all insurance policies cover ‘scheduled airline failure’ or ‘financial failure’.
The UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations came into place in 1992. This requires packages being sold in the UK to protect buyers from being mis-sold information about their destination, accommodation, and – in the event of a crisis – protecting the money they have put towards the holiday.
This means that if the company selling the holiday must provide information on how you, the buyer, will be expected to arrive there, details on the accommodation, whether meals are included, what will happen in the event of cancellations or delays and how the buyer’s money will be protected.
Pure Crete’s Protection Schemes for Package Holidays
As an individual buying a holiday, you should always ask yourself whether the company you are booking offers financial protection. Otherwise, you could be putting your faith in an unlawful seller.
We offer complete ATOL protection to everyone purchasing our package holidays with flights (see below for accommodation only). This includes the following advantages (as quoted from ATOL’s website):
- If the business collapses while you are on holiday, ATOL will make sure you can finish your holiday and get home as planned.
- If the business collapses before you travel, the scheme will provide a full refund for the holiday you booked. In some cases, you may be able to continue with some of your travel arrangements.
You can find more information regarding ATOL cover and practices on their official website. You can check our licence with ATOL by using our licence number, 2757.
Pure Crete’s Protection for Accommodation Only
Alternatively, if you would like to book your own flights, your accommodation prepayments will be protected by TOPP policy cover. The following protection applies when you book our accommodation:
- Non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
- Ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination as offered in the literature (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for:
- A refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet traveled, or
- Making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already traveled
You shouldn’t have to worry about experiencing stress over your holidays so long as you book the appropriate protection for your holiday villa in Crete in 2020. At Pure Crete, we make it easy for you by sorting your cover for you in advance.