Please click here for a printable booking form
1. Booking Procedure – Provisional bookings should be made by telephone to ensure that the accommodation and aircraft seats are available for the dates required. Such bookings will be held for three working days pending the receipt of a completed booking form and the deposit of £250 per person and £70 per hire car week. A higher deposit maybe required dependant on your flight carrier, this will be discussed at the time your holiday is reserved. The booking will then be confirmed in writing and an account issued showing the balance due. This must be paid in full not less than 12 weeks before departure. If the balance is not paid by the due date the company reserves the right to cancel the booking and levy cancellation charges in accordance with paragraph 4. For bookings made within 12 weeks of departure, full payment must accompany the booking form. Pure Crete requires that its clients provide their own travel insurance, and that they provide proof of insurance on request from Pure Crete. We also require your passport details for the airline in accordance with the Government’s Advanced Passenger Information System.
2. Changes by you – If you change your booking after the confirmation invoice has been issued (eg name change) you must write to us & we will charge you £40 per alteration (or £80 within 4 weeks of departure) plus any charges made by the Company’s Suppliers (e.g the cost of a new airline ticket if 100% cancellation fees apply). If your changes are not possible or there is a change of date then the original booking will have to be cancelled & the cancellation charges in paragraph 4 applied.
**Depending on your airline 100% of flight cost maybe applicable (in line with their terms and conditions) in addition to the above.**
3. Material Alteration – In the unlikely event of Pure Crete having to make a material alteration to your holiday, you will be advised of the change as soon as is reasonably possible. The company reserves the right in any circumstances to alter or cancel a flight. A material alteration is considered to be a change in airport or resort area or change of flight times by more than 12 hours. Should a material alteration or cancellation become necessary, you will have the choice of (a) Accepting the alternative arrangements (b) Choosing another available holiday from our programme or (c) Cancelling with a full refund. Should you accept any of these alternatives, no other claims for compensation or expenses will be considered unless we notify you of material alterations /cancellations within 8 weeks of departure. In this case, we will pay compensation of £10 per person. No compensation or claims will be considered in the event of alteration / cancellation due to force majeure events. (see condition 9).
4. Cancellation – In the event of a cancellation Pure Crete must be notified in writing and the following cancellation charges will apply from the time your written instructions are received by us: Notification of cancellation of the holiday must be given in writing to Pure Crete immediately the circumstances giving rise to the claim occur – failure to do so may prejudice your entitlement to claim the full charges made.
- More than 84 days before departure Loss of deposit
- 70-83 days before departure 40% of total cost
- 56-69 days before departure 50% of total cost
- 35-55 days before departure 70% of total cost
- 34 days or less before departure 100% of total cost
**Please note :- if your flights are booked with Easyjet (or similar) 100% of flight cost maybe applicable (in line with their terms and conditions) in addition to the above.**
5. Late Arrivals – Flight timings will be confirmed on flight tickets. Pure Crete cannot accept responsibility for clients missing aircraft or ferries due to late arrival of connecting aircraft or late check-in at airport or port.Clients should check in no later than 2 hours before departure for both flights.
6. Prices – Prices are based upon known fuel costs, exchange rates and taxes. Surcharges may become applicable due to currency fluctuations, general increase in aviation fuel costs, government levies & taxes, security charges and insurance costs. Any such surcharges may be passed on directly to our clients without profit to Pure Crete. All prices in this brochure are based on the exchange rate of Sterling as published in the Financial Times in the first week of March of the year prior to travel and aviation fuel costs and taxes at that time.
7. Accommodation – Description and Use – Pure Crete makes every effort to ensure that descriptions of accommodation and amenities are accurate but it shall not be liable in the event that any aspect of the holiday fails for reasons outside Pure Crete’s control. The accommodation is only for the use of the passengers shown on the booking form. Sub-letting, assignment, or sharing is prohibited. Clients are responsible for leaving their accommodation in same condition as at the start of their holiday. Any breakages should be reported to our representative and paid for. The client is liable for charges incurred from damage or abuse
of property overseas.
8. Liability – Pure Crete shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with a holiday caused by any matter outside the reasonable control of Pure Crete. This includes, but is not limited to, Acts of God, civil disturbance, strikes or industrial action, acts of government, failure of public supplies (e.g. water or electricity), failure of local transport to convey clients to their departure/ destination airports, failure of mechanical equipment e.g. air conditioning and boilers. However Pure Crete will make all reasonable efforts to remedy such equipment failures. The conditions imposed by all carriers shall be deemed to be accepted by the client and are available on request. Contracts for excursions purchased locally in resort are between the consumer and the excursion provider, the tour operator acts as the agent and will not be liable for the excursion. Excursions do not form part of the
package even if arranged by our representative and our booking conditions do not apply to them.
9. Complaints – In the unlikely event of a complaint please notify us in writing no later than 28 days after the completion of your holiday. No complaints will be considered after this time. “If you have a dispute with your tour operator which you are unable to resolve, you may call upon the low-cost AITO Independent Dispute Settlement Service (details on request). Claims which exceed £2,500 per person or £10,000 per booking form or claims which apply principally or exclusively in respect of (or as a consequence of) illness or physical injury are not admissible for settlement under the service.”
10. Consumer Protection, ATOL & TOPP
The air holidays and flights in this brochure are ATOL Protected, since we hold an Air Travel Organiser’s Licence granted by the Civil Aviation Authority. Our ATOL number is ATOL 2757. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information, visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk.
Your Financial Protection
When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive holiday from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.”
We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).”
If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those
Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.
Non air holidays are protected by Total Payment Protection (TOPP) Policy. In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Sevices Ltd (t & g ), to protect customers prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of:-
non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK
the ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy)for:-
a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet travelled, or
making arrangement to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already travelled
Customers’ Prepayments are protected by a TOPP policy
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
The policy is provided by Travel and General Services Limited, registered number 02527363 (t&g) and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited (Hiscox), registered number 00070234. t&g and Hiscox are authorised and regulated by the financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority (number 113849)
11. Pure Crete & the environment – Pure Crete is a founder member of Green Flag International, (now known as Green Globe) – an organisation set up to promote environmentally sustainable tourism within the travel industry. Pure Crete restores Cretan
houses, financed a loggerhead turtle hatchery, supported the protection of the Cretan bearded vulture, installs solar energy solar, has facilitated carbon offset and supports local animal welfare.
12. AITO – Pure Crete is a member of AITO, The Association of Independent Tour Operators. AITO was established in 1976 to promote the wide range of holidays available from the best of Britain’s specialist companies. Well-established and fully bonded, AITO companies offer particular types of holidays, geographical areas and special interests worldwide. The common aim of AITO members is to provide an attractive alternative to mass-market holidays, combining high standards backed up with a more knowledgeable, personal and caring service.
13. Passports, Visa & Health – Documentation and medical/travel insurance is your responsibility. For Government health/travel advice visit: www.fco.gov.uk. A free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) is available via http://www.gov.uk/ or www.ehic.org.uk or 0300 330 1350 enabling free or reduced cost medical care. For UK passport information visit www.direct.gov.uk or phone 0300 222 0000. If you do not hold a British Passport you may need to contact the Greek embassy (020 7221 6467) to check whether a visa is necessary.
14. Pure Crete – Pure Crete was founded in 1989.Company number 03741135. VAT number GB 574 3887 93. Registered office 44 Westport Avenue, Mayals, Swansea SA3 5EQ. Your contract is with Pure Crete Ltd. All post and enquiries should be sent to our business address: Bolney Place, Cowfold Road, Bolney, West Sussex RH17 5QT. Tel: 01444 880404 . This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions. This contract is subject to English Law.
This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions. This contract is subject to British Law.