- A lovely relaxing quiet house. Pool was brilliant, sea was also good (Kera Beach) and the house was well situated for visiting other places.
- We loved the villa and location and would not hesitate to book with Pure Crete in the future
- A wonderful villa with an amazing pool, views and beaches close by. We had a fabulous holiday. Thank you.
- ....But if you are going to be a tourist, do what we did. Rent a marvellous old Farmhouse. We went to an Anglo-Cretan company, Pure Crete, that specialises in using local craftsman and materials to restore old properties. Our walls were a yard thick; great stone slabs paved the floor;archways and huge urns proclaimed our Grecian surroundings as clearly as the words that drifted up from the people harversting avocados just below our balcony. Then eat and more importantly, drink in the local tavernas, where the hospitality flows as freely as olive oil over the feta salad. Walk the lanes which, in late spring, are fringed by as colourful carpet of wild flowers as anywhere in Europe. by Richard Morrison
Carla’s is a handsome stone-built Cretan house in the small village of Tsivaras, Western Crete a few minutes drive from the sandy beaches of Kalives and Almirida, and close to the traditional centre of Vamos with it’s local shops and renowned tavernas. Carla’s has a private swimming pool set within large secluded grounds with lovely countryside views. A perfect family retreat available to couples off-peak. Carlas House is close to all amenities.
**NEWLY REFURBISHED **
This traditional large family house has been restored to provide a comfortable 3 bedroomed accommodation with a large pool. From the rear of the property, steps lead down to the house, garden and pool.
Downstairs traditional Cretan archways divide the kitchen, dining and living room. The kitchen with washing machine is therefore separate from the comfortable sitting area with sofa and fireplace, CD,TV/DVD (TV - Greek channels but often show movies in English in evenings/weekends) Bathroom with shower.
The wooden staircase leads to the double bedroom with super kingsize bed, twin bedroom (both with air-conditioning) and second bathroom (with shower). The large outside balcony terrace has lovely countryside views and may be accessed either via the double bedroom or from the landing next to the twin room. It offers a perfect setting for watching the sun set.
The small third double bedroom with king size bed is set within the separate wing of the house, in a studio annex which is accessed by an indoor staircase from the living room and also has its own external stone steps from the terrace outside. The studio has its own facilities including air conditioning, separate dining/kitchen area with a simply fitted kitchen, dining table and chairs and a small living room with sofa and fireplace. Small bathroom with shower/wetroom and a pretty balcony with table and chairs.
Outdoors: Large terrace and gravelled garden area with gazebo (outside terrace with tiled roof) with table and chairs ideal for eating alfresco. Alternatively there is a second table and chairs beside the pool. The swimming pool includes a large shallow paddling area.
Please note access to the house and gardens is via a number of steps.
Tsivaras There is a local, small quiet beach (Kera) that you can walk to, 2 km away from the house. The village of Kalives with tavernas, shops and sandy beaches is just 5 minutes drive away, as is Vamos with it’s narrow streets, traditional shops, cafes, tavernas and small art gallery. The traditional village of Gavalchori just a 10 minute drive and contains 4 tavernas, a womens’ cooperative selling local crafts and produce and a small folklore museum.
- Pool measures 6m x 5m with depth of 1m to 1.6m. Childs pool is 3m x 5 m, depth of 0.5m
- Air conditioning in bedrooms
- Separate annex studio
- Lovely spacious terrace for al-fresco meals
- 5 mins drive to Sandy beaches at Kalives
- Supermarket, ATM, tavernas, bakery etc in Kalives
- traditional tavernas, cafe, art gallery and organised walks and cookery lessons available in Vamos – 5 mins drive inland
- WIFI available with local pay card- please ask for details ** see below
** WIFI – This property has a mobile router for pay-as-you-go Wifi connection. Up to 5 devices (laptop, phones, tablet) can be connected to the Wifi at the same time. Please note this is not designed for heavy use such watching films online and continuous browsing, but is fine for checking emails, using whats app and for short browsing periods etc.
Please note that due to the location of our properties the mobile signal may work only in certain parts of the property e.g. on an outdoor balcony.
Clients are reminded that they should take all proper precautions in the pool area at all times.
Below:- Kalives and Almerida
EOT/MHTE Number: 1042K92003075300