- Over in the West, in the rolling, rural foothills between the ancient port of Chania and the glorious White Mountains, is a Crete that seems frozen in time, along with its unpretentious tavernas, its farming villages, its gorgeous orange groves, its twisting mountain roads, and its secret gorges. To be a tourist here almost seems a crime; you feel that you might somehow dislodge the delicate workings of a society that gives off an aura of absolute tranquillity. (By Richard Morrison)
I think this was the most relaxing holiday i have ever had in a beautiful house in an utterly beautiful location.
This seaside Cretan cottage offers romantic seclusion and superb sea views. The house has a spacious veranda from which to admire Souda Bay, an enchanting garden of fruit trees- orange, apricot, plum and nectarine – and a sitting-out area shaded by vines. The pebble beach in front of the house is ideal for a morning swim. It’s a short stroll to a sandy beach with a jetty.
Downstairs: Open plan lounge with sofa, armchairs and coffee table plus a day bed. A low wall separates the lounge from the kitchen and dining area. Bathroom with shower.
Upstairs: Open Cretan gallery with double bed via wooden staircase (unsuitable for small children) with air conditioning
- Traditional cafe and taverna (seasonal opening) 1 mile walk (steep uphill) in the small hamlet of Kalami.
- Kalives’ tavernas, sandy beach, shops, bank and post office 3 miles
- Romantic secluded beach location
- Air conditioning in bedroom
- Stunning sea views across Souda Bay
- There is a small apartment below the property for occasional use by the owner
EOT MHTE 10 42 K12 2K 01716 00 00
In spring and early summer it’s hard to find anywhere as lovely as the countryside of Western Crete with a unique range of wild flowers, including many orchids and more than 150 native species. Here, Pure Crete has a collection of locally owned houses, of great charm and complete tranquility…