- Our hosts were incredible. They brought fruit and vegetables from their own garden and even made marmalade for us! Chryssa was extremely pleasant and took the time to chat with our children whenever she came to clean. We would recommend Villa Chryssa to anyone!
Set within glorious countryside framed by the White Mountains is Neo Chorio, a quiet sleepy village of just 600 inhabitants on the old road between Chania and Rethymnon, Centuries of history ooze from its stone buildings. It was mentioned by Edward Lear in his 1865 Cretan Journal and today remains a charming retreat amidst rural tranquility. Villa Chryssa is a traditional stone built Cretan house with private pool. It rests in the valley of the village of Neo Chorio, amongst the olive groves, with breath-taking mountain views, and is just 300 metres from the village centre with its cafes, 2 tavernas and village shop.
It is an ideal retreat for couples and families alike.
It is modernly equipped and comfortably furnished:-
Downstairs:- Comfortable open plan living room, with comfortable sofas (including sofa bed for 5th guest) and fireplace, leading through Cretan archway into dining area and to fully equipped kitchen. Bathroom with shower.
Upstairs:- Two bedrooms, one with double bed and ensuite bathroom with bath and shower-over-the-bath and one twin room. Large balcony with panoramic mountain and village views.
- Private Pool 7m x 3.5m. Depth 0.80m – 1.45m
- Dishwasher, microwave and washing machine.
- Air Con and full WiFi/broadband; TV, DVD and CD
- Central heating
- Village centre 300m – two small tavernas, two cafes and a village shop.
- Armeni Village tavernas and shop 1.5km
- Kalives beaches 3km, Chania 25km
It is less than a mile from Armeni village tavernas and shops and two miles (5-10 minutes’ drive) to the sandy beaches of Kalives with its tavernas and shops. Chania is a half hour drive. The owners, Chryssa and Panayiotis live nearby with their family in the village.
EOT / MHTE number 1042Κ92003258301