- The interiors may be plain, but the setting is dramatic - surrounded by olive groves, close to Diktamo gorge. This is a neat villa with a pool and no immediate neighbours. On a long summer afternoon, all you'll hear is the tinkling of goats' bells. The beach at Kalives is a 10-minute drive: Chania airport is 40 minutes away.
- The landscape - superb walking territory - is stunning, dominated by the craggy limestone peaks of 8,000ft - high Lefka Ori or White Mountains. A swathe of olive groves, vineyards and chestnut woods covers the foothills, where villages ooze geraniums and bougainvillaea
** 50% Discount 27 August only £955 for 1 week accommodation only**
Villa Diktamo is less than ten minutes drive from the sandy beaches of Kalives and stands alone at the head of the Diktamo Gorge outside the sleepy village of Stilos. This impressive family house with its own pool stands in a dramatic landscape of mountains and olive groves, farmland and vineyards which provide a rural tranquillity only occasionally broken by birdsong and distant sheep bells.
The house is traditionally built to a high standard and equipped with modern comforts. This comfortable and spacious villa has surrounding terraces, grassed lawns and matured gardens, with stunning views over countryside towards the mountains.
The house offers a variety of choices for relaxing and dining in the shade or sun from its covered terraces and areas around the villa plus a separate barbecue and dining area.
Ground floor: open-plan sitting room, dining area and kitchen, with dishwasher, leading to spacious covered terrace; twin bedroom leading to small terrace; bathroom with bath and shower,
First floor: one double bedroom with King-size bed, leading to covered terrace; twin bedroom leading to covered terrace; bathroom with bath and shower.
Air-conditioning in all bedrooms and living area; satellite TV/DVD & CD player; washing machine; barbecue and WIFI
Just three minutes drive to Stilos famous for its natural springs, with a choice of four tavernas and two minimarkets. So there’s a good range of food, music and atmospheres to enjoy. Walkers will appreciate the Diktamo Gorge close by. Below Stilos church and the Byzantine church of Agios Nikolas at Samonas nearby which houses medieval frescos.
- Off the beaten track rural location
- Private pool 8 x 4 metres (0.8-1.7 m deep)
- TV/DVD, CD player
- 3 mins drive to Stilos Village with tavernas and store
- 10 min drive to sandy beaches of Kalives
- Air con
- WIFI available with local pay card- 10 euros/2GB ** see below
** WIFI – This property has a mobile router for pay-as-you-go Wifi connection. Up to 5 devices (laptop, phones, tablet) can be connected to the Wifi at the same time. Please note this is not designed for heavy use such watching films online and continuous browsing, but is fine for checking emails, using whats app and for short browsing periods etc.
Please note that due to the location of our properties the mobile signal may work only in certain parts of the property e.g. on an outdoor balcony.
The landscape – superb walking territory – is stunning, dominated by the craggy limestone peaks of 8,000ft – high Lefka Ori or White Mountains. A swathe of olive groves, vineyards and chestnut woods covers the foothills, where villages ooze geraniums and bougainvillaea.