- The House was beautiful. We live in the middle of nowhere in the UK so can truly say this house was quiet, secluded and lovely. Owner charming and we want to come back...
- Villa Diktamos is a wonderful base for a Pure Crete holiday. The setting is superb; to sit on the terrace, surrounded by Mountains and olive trees and the sound of goat bells, sheep and birds is the very essence of Crete
- We loved the location of this villa near the Diktamos Gorge as we were able to walk directly up the gorge from the villa and then return for a refreshing swim. This walk was one of the highlights of our trip, especially as the figs on the wild fig trees in the gorge were ripe!
- Villa Diktamos was everything the brochure described- peaceful but near enough to the local towns not to feel too cut off. The pool was a delight; private and surrounded by wonderful flowers and lemon trees. Many thanks to all concerned with Pure Crete! We would have no hesitation in recommending you.
- The interiors may be plain, but the setting is dramatic - surrounded by olive groves, close to Diktamo gorge. This is a neat villa with a pool and no immediate neighbours. On a long summer afternoon, all you'll hear is the tinkling of goats' bells. The beach at Kalives is a 10-minute drive: Chania airport is 40 minutes away.
- The landscape - superb walking territory - is stunning, dominated by the craggy limestone peaks of 8,000ft - high Lefka Ori or White Mountains. A swathe of olive groves, vineyards and chestnut woods covers the foothills, where villages ooze geraniums and bougainvillaea
Late Summer Offer
40% price reduction during September & October for accommodation-only
now only £808 per week
Call 01444 880404 firstname.lastname@example.org
Villa Diktamo is less than ten minutes drive from the sandy beaches of Kalives and stands alone at the head of the Diktamo Gorge outside the sleepy village of Stilos. This impressive family house with its own pool stands in a dramatic landscape of mountains and olive groves, farmland and vineyards which provide a rural tranquillity only occasionally broken by birdsong and distant sheep bells.
The house is traditionally built to a high standard and equipped with modern comforts. This comfortable and spacious villa has surrounding terraces, grassed lawns and matured gardens, with stunning views over countryside towards the mountains.
The house offers a variety of choices for relaxing and dining in the shade or sun from its covered terraces and areas around the villa plus a separate barbecue and dining area.
Ground floor: open-plan sitting room, dining area and kitchen, with dishwasher, leading to spacious covered terrace; twin bedroom leading to small terrace; bathroom with bath and shower,
First floor: one double bedroom with King-size bed, leading to covered terrace; twin bedroom leading to covered terrace; bathroom with bath and shower.
Air-conditioning in all bedrooms and living area; satellite TV/DVD & CD player; washing machine; barbecue and WIFI
Just three minutes drive to Stilos famous for it’s natural springs, with a choice of four tavernas and two minimarkets. So there’s a good range of food, music and atmospheres to enjoy. Walkers will appreciate the Diktamo Gorge closeby. Below Stilos church and the Byzantine church of Agios Nikolas at Samonas nearby which houses medieval frescos.
- Off the beaten track rural location
- Private pool 8 x 4 metres (0.8-1.7 m deep)
- TV/DVD, CD player
- 3 mins drive to Stilos Village with taverns and store
- 10 min drive to sandy beaches of Kalives
- Air con
- WIFI available with local pay card- please ask for details ** see below
** WIFI – This property has a mobile router for pay-as-you-go Wifi connection. Up to 5 devices (laptop, phones, tablet) can be connected to the Wifi at the same time. Please note this is not designed for heavy use such watching films online and continuous browsing, but is fine for checking emails, using whats app and for short browsing periods etc.
Please note that due to the location of our properties the mobile signal may work only in certain parts of the property e.g. on an outdoor balcony.
The landscape – superb walking territory – is stunning, dominated by the craggy limestone peaks of 8,000ft – high Lefka Ori or White Mountains. A swathe of olive groves, vineyards and chestnut woods covers the foothills, where villages ooze geraniums and bougainvillaea.