- The village has settled down for the night and I have climbed onto the roof to find a warm breeze with a slight scent of the sea and wonderful, magic views in four directions. The fifth direction is upwards to a sky with more stars than I would have believed possible. The temptation to lie down here and count constellations and to gaze beyond the Milky Way into eternity is almost irresistible.
- The accommodation was simple and very authentic Crete style. You really felt as if you were sampling a more genuine experience of the island than in a tourist hotel and my owners who lived on site really made me welcome and made it a home from home. The pool was an added bonus especially as no else was in the villa next door.
- We climbed to Aptera, a town dating from the 5th cebtury BC with substantial ruins - Roman cisterns, a classical Greek theatre and temple. On the very edge of the hilltop was a crumbling Turkish fort....From Aptera, we walked further inland along a twisted road, through great orange groves, tiny pastures of bell-clad sheep and goats, always surrounded by flowers in all colours of the rainbow. by Sally Bodsworth
Manos Houses are two stone built traditional cottages on one level with a large pool, in the hill top village of Aptera , North Western Crete with its views of the White Mountains and choice of tavernas, a kafenio and local store. Each Manos house is fitted and furnished to a very high standard and enjoys both sea views across Souda Bay and breathtaking views of the White Mountains.
There is a spacious garden and each house has its own terrace, staggered for privacy, with comfortable seating and bbq.
The houses are comfortable and are furnished in traditional style with tiled floor, Cretan furnishings and wooden ceilings.
The house are well equipped. For instance, in addition to the cooker, fridge with ice compartment etc in the kitchen area there is a coffee maker, sandwich maker and juice blender. The charming local owners Katerina and Takis live nearby.
Each house has comfortable sofas, a fireplace, a dining table and chairs and an air conditioning unit. The houses boast a double bedroom with king size bed and a beautifully tiled bathroom with shower. The sofas convert into additional beds with a curtained screen for extra privacy as a second bedroom area.
The houses are perfect for couples or families and may be rented together for a larger family group. A choice of good tavernas, kafenions and a mini market are just 15-20 minute walk away (there is also a longer less steep route) and the nearest sandy beach is 4 miles at Blue Beach and Kalives (see below)
The Pool is 8m x 5m and is 1.2m to 1.65m in depth, with seperate shallow section for children, 0.6m in depth.
- Air conditioned
- WIFI **
- Aptera tavernas and village store 1/2 mile
- Sandy beaches at Blue Beach and Kalami
- Houses can be rented togther – idea for 2 couples or larger families
- Kalives with beaches, shops, chemist, ATM, bakery and tavernas 4 miles
**We cannot accept responsibility in the unlikely event of any disruptions to service of internet providers/telephone companies line faults etc.
WIFI – Please note the strongest Wifi signal is obtained on the house balcony.
EOT MHTE 10.42K 12 2K 01500 00